16 September 2009

The Wild Things are Coming!

ooooohhh Roller Derby! So I know you must be feeling a bit dooped by my title, but I have gone on a different tangent. Whip It! (Drew Barrymore, 2009) come's out in a couple of weeks, and well there is a craze at the moment for this tough sport... its not new actually, it's been around for ages now, but what can I say-- I guess Drew is making it cool for the teens? Before Whip it! however was a documentary called 'Hell On Wheels' which IndiePix is releasing on DVD next month. If you like the idea of Whip it! and you are interested in the real story behind Roller Derby, well you can check it out at www.indiepixfilms.com So with that said and done, there is also live Roller Derby matches you can go to, I hear they are pretty tough and there is a big chance you can either get drafted or hit on...haha should be an experience to say the least.

As for Where the Wild Things Are (Spike Jonze, 2009) well this is super exciting. Surely you have read the children's book by Maurice Sendak? Well if you haven't I recommend you update yourself immediately. This book is one of the greatest ever written, I am not entirely sure what it is I love so much about it-- apart from the amazing dream like images, the boy's animal suit (I want one!) or the cute original story; but whatever it is or isn't- its genius. Oh and well obviously as it is being directed by the genius mind of Spike Jonze (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) it's bound to be quirky and inspired. Get excited people, Fall films are sure to be delightful!


hmmm another De-lightful film will be Men Who Stare at Goats (Grant Heslov, 2009) this looks entertaining and quirky, and well I like both adjectives immensely. Besides with such a great title, who cares if the film is rubbish or not, I am sure it will not disappoint.

Now the Intriguing film of the Fall is the Coen Brother's A Serious Man (2009) this film looks darkly comic, and in true Coens' style has an epic trailer, mainly due to it's soundtrack which uses a lot of repetition and beat. hmmm couldn't you just pee with excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment